Accessing Office 365 Email
By Justin Moravec on June 19, 2021Beginner
With the transition from on-premise exchange to Microsoft 365 Exchange, there are two ways in which you can access your email. The first option being through outlook on the web and the second being through the outlook desktop client.
Outlook on the Web
To access outlook on the web, you will go to https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox and log in with your workstation credentials.
Outlook Desktop Application
- Open up Control panel
- From the "Start Menu" search for "Control Panel"
- Change the view from "Categories" to "Small Icons"
- Select "Mail" from control panel and the "Profiles" menu will launch. From the mail menu click the "Add.." button.
- Name the profile with something that makes sense.
- Select "Manual Setup"
- Enter you email account and hit "next"
- Enter your email again and click "Next"
- Enter your workstation password and hit "Sign In"
- You should be welcomed with the "You're All Set" screen.
- Hit the "Finish" Button to complete the setup.
- Ensure at the bottom of the "Mail" window, your new profile is set to "Always use this profile"
- At first launch, you may be required to hit connect with your email address filled out
- Now you can hit "Done" and launch Outlook
- At first launch, you may be prompted to read and accept the licensing agreement.
- That completes the setup of Outlook Windows Desktop. Your workstation may take a while to download all data to your new profile, but it will run in the background.
Gmail supports Microsoft® Office 365 and Exchange ActiveSync accounts, and comes pre-installed on all Android devices. To add your Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync account to Gmail:
- Open your device's Settings app. Tap Accounts. If you can't see 'Accounts', tap Users & accounts.
- At the bottom, tap Add account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync email and credentials.
After you add your account to Gmail, you may be prompted to set up a password via the Mobile device mailbox policies if your IT admin requires it.
If your organization uses a different email client, consult your email client's documentation to determine whether it supports Microsoft® Office 365 and Exchange ActiveSync accounts and to learn how to set up your account.